Thursday 9 May 2013

Wing mirrors

My new mirrors arrived today. I went for GSXR mirrors after seeing several cars with them at Stoneleigh. These mirrors come with bases that have 2no threaded fixings which I needed to remove as I plan to fit to the rollcage and they wouldn't be long enough.  I used the dremel to cut off the threaded fixings and drilled them out to 5.5mm, the plan being to use m5stainless bolts and rivnuts to fix to the rollcage.

As the flat bases would be fixed to the curved rollcage, I needed to make a packer to give some support.  I had a couple of attempts at cutting and shaping a plastic packer with the dremel but I couldn't get it curved to the right shape.  I then decided to sand down the rubber gaskets that came with the mirrors which worked much better than the harder plastic.

I need to do more research into exactly how high up the rollcage to mount the mirrors so won't do any more on this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment