Monday 6 May 2013

Interior panels + rear view mirror

Started the day by trimming the tunnel side panels again as they were still about 3mm too long.  Once I was happy with these I marked and drilled a 25mm hole for the harness bolt.





As I am waiting for the stainless rivnuts for the side panels I decided to start on the rear view mirror.  I cut some 30mm x 2mm aluminium strip and bent it round the rollcage to make a couple of brackets.  Next I cut a couple of pieces of aluminium angle which would connect to the mirror.  The near side bracket was longer than the offside as the mirror will need to be slightly angled towards the driver.  For the nearside bracket I drilled 4 holes so I could adjust the position if needed.




I carbon wrapped the brackets with the small bit of di-noc wrap I had left and bolted them to the rollcage.  I used a couple of bits of adhesive neoprene between the brackets and roll cage to stop them sliding about.  I then bolted the mirror to the bracket and covered any exposed edges with edge trim.  Hopefully it should meet the edge radius requirements once I have got a couple of m8 bolt caps.





I also started the template for the side panel cut out for the exhaust.  Not sure yet as to how much distance I should keep between the exhaust and GRP.  Need to work out the best shape too.







No comments:

Post a Comment