Thursday 2 May 2013

Tidying electrics again, brake pressure switch, gear shift lever


I spent the evening sorting out a few small jobs.  First job was moving the brake pressure switch that I mounted upside down some months ago.  The reason for this was I read on Locostbuilders that air could get trapped which will make the brakes feel spongy.  I drilled out the rivets holding the bracket and moved it about 50mm above the old position.  The brake lines were bent slightly to fit to the new position and the bracket was refixed with rivets.



Next job was fixing some cable tie bases to the bulkhead.  At the weekend I stuck a few on with sikaflex but this didn’t hold as I was able to peel them off tonight quite easily so I decided to rivet them with some 2.5 x 12mm rivets.  These cable tie bases are so I can fix tie the cables to the brake fluid and brake pressure sensor securely out the way.



Another job was to fix some aluminium angle to the back of the seat area which will give the rear interior panel something to fix to along the outer edge.  I fixed these with 3 rivets each.



Final job was cut some infill pieces for the recess in the gear lever for decorative purposes.  I made a masking tape template of the area and cut out 2no pieces of Carbon GRP (from the piece I cut out of the dash for the clocks).   Not sure if I mentioned it before but some weeks ago I filed and sanded the MK gear lever to try and reduce all edges to a 2.5mm radius for the IVA. 






Carbon infill pieces complete.







No comments:

Post a Comment