Tuesday 28 May 2013

Front indicators, grill mesh, cooling hose clips,

I managed to get a few small jobs done today, first of which was the front indicators.  I ran wired to both indicators and fixed in position with adhesive cable tie bases.  I ran these round a position above the offside headlight where both indicator connections are on the wiring loom.

Next was to fit the grill mesh.  I bought some mesh from Halfords which I cut to size from a template, bend the edges down and fixed in place with blobs of Sikaflex.

Final job was to support the cooling hoses to ensure the done rub on anything sharp which could cause them to fail.  I make these clips from strips of aluminium with edge trim on.

Front indicators wired up

Cardboard template

Edges bend to shape

Fixed with Sikaflex











No comments:

Post a Comment