Saturday 4 May 2013

Various small jobs


Tidying electrics – I riveted a couple more cable tie bases to the passenger bulkhead to fix the wiring loom to. 

Decelerator cable – I made a couple of brackets, complete with cable tie bases) from a piece of aluminium angle and riveted them to the passenger bulkhead.  I then cable tied the decelerator cable in position.



Brake pressure switch – I crimped new spade connections onto the loom for the brake pressure switch.  I then cut some split tube, put it over the cable and routed it behind the bracket to help keep it tidy. 

Throttle – I replaced the grub screws in the throttle clevis with the pointed hex type with a bit of Loctite for good measure.  I then found the right position of the nipple at the other end and silver soldered it as I did with the clutch cable.   The throttle cable was then installed, routing the cable along the side of the engine cradle.

  


Fuel line – I needed to make a bracket to which I could fix a P clip and hold the fuel line out the way of the clutch mechanism.





Holes for battery cables – I drilled two 16mm holes in the fiberglass bulkhead for the positive and negative battery cables to pass through.  I installed rubber grommets to ensure the cables are protected.




Exhaust – Next job was to trial fit the exhaust.  This is in preparation of getting the engine running with coolant in it, hopefully tomorrow.



Immobiliser light – I drilled an 8mm hole next to the ignition barrel for the immobilizer warning LED. 

Trial fitting parts – Last job was to trial fit everything to see how it was looking.  I put in the interior rear and tunnel panels, both seats, scuttle, dash, bulkhead and airbox.






No comments:

Post a Comment