Wednesday 29 May 2013

Fog light + bonnet catches

I bought a new fog light at the weekend, tonight I make a mounting bracket.

The foglight I bought is E marked and also F marked, a requirement for IVA.  Its also a requirement for the light to be vertical when mounted.  I made a mounting bracket by bending a piece of 30mm aluminum strip around the outside of the foglight and then cutting it to the same angle as the rear panel of the car, about 15 degrees.  I then carbon wrapped both the bracket and light surround.

Next job was to start on the bonnet catches.  I bought the rubber IVA OK type from CBS.  The are fitted with 4no 4mm rivets per catch.  I marked and drilled 100mm from the edge of the bonnet.  The first one I fitted could have been tighter so  I will drill the holes further apart on the others.


Holes marked for bonnet catch




No comments:

Post a Comment