Sunday 12 May 2013

Interior complete, coolant in the engine

First job was the top tunnel panel and aluminium trim sections.  The trim I bent yesterday was slightly out so I had to bend it back slightly and also trim 10mm off the front end.  I then put the top panel in position, along with the trims and marked exactly where the trim sat on the plastic panel.  I then removed these bits and clamped them together in the same arrangement ready for drilling.  I marked the holes and drilled through to 6mm which will give some room for movement on the M5 bolts.  Once drilled I put them back in position and marked exact locations for the rivnuts on the chassis rails.



I drilled 6no 7mm holes for the M5 rivnuts.  I used me new Silverline rivnut tool to start with but this broke on the second one.  £14 wasted there!  I continued with my old rivnut tool ensuring the rivnuts stayed vertical when installing.  Once in I text fitted the panel and two trims, where I had to englarge a couple of the holes as they didnt quite line up with the rivnuts.




I then removed the trims for carbon wrapping which was fairly straight forward.  I used the heat gun to stretch the vinyl around the edges and trimmed any excess with a knife.  I removed the handbrake gaiter surround and re-wrapped that so that it matched the trim.






Once the trim was complete I put the dash and seats in so I could see the fully completed interior.




Last job was to put the coolant in the engine.  I used Halfords antifreeze and distilled water, mixed to 50/50, and poured it in the expansion tank.  I ran the engine for a few minutes but not fully up to temp.  I'll continue this in the week.

1 comment:

  1. No pictures.... Been reading your blog for the last three days. Must have pictures lol.

    ReplyDelete