Tuesday 16 April 2013

P Clips for silicone hoses + fast idle cable


Having decided on where the cooling hoses will run the next issue is how to hold them in position.  I looked at buying some P Clips off ebay but they were £5 for 10 and I’m going to need a couple of different sizes, so I decided to make some instead.

I took a 20mm strip of 1.2mm aluminium sheet and put on a 150mm length of 10mm edge trim.  This was then bent around a former the same diameter as the silicone hose it will hold.  I have made a two clips which are both different at the minute.  I will make the others when I know exactly how they will be mounted and how long they need to be.

Next job was to test the route of the fast idle/choke cable.  I have run this along the gear shift cable and fixed it with cable ties.  The plan was to aim to install this next to the ignition but I am not sure if the cable is long enough so it may have to go on the left of the steering wheel.  I will have a better measure up of this tomorrow.





I also installed the immobiliser light above the ignition.





No comments:

Post a Comment