Thursday 11 April 2013

Electrics - Tidying the loom continued

Having tidied up the back of the dash I felt the loom end of the 15 pin connectors needed tidying up.  Some wires were longer than others and they were all crossed so I couldn’t wrap them how I wanted.

I cut some small pieces of MDF and drilled 15 x 3mm holes in each which would act as jigs and hold the cables as they would be in the 15 pin connector blocks.  I labeled all the cables too so I knew exactly where they went and then cut off the connectors I put on the other weekend.

Removing the terminals from the mate n lok connectors was a pain but I managed it by grinding down a 1.5mm allen key to about 1mm thickness and bending the barbs on each one before pulling them out.

I plan ton continue this on Saturday before I forget what wires go where!

This was the mess that needed sorting out

Connectors removed

MDF jig can be seen at the top middle.




No comments:

Post a Comment