Thursday 18 April 2013

Gearshift bracket


Tonight I had a go at making a new gearshift bracket out of some 2” hollow square section.  I cut and welded the bits together but overall I am not happy with how the piece looks.  I plan to remake this from a single piece of 3mm plate so it looks neater.

Also started on the gear indicator.   I marked the hole in the dash above the steering wheel with the position checked by sitting in the car and ensuring it could be seen in a normal seated position.  I cut and bend small lengths of 1.2mm aluminium to make a bracket to hold the gear indicator module.  The plan is to mount this in a similar way to the clocks so that no fixings can be seen.




Sitting in the car to check the gear indicator can be seen

















No comments:

Post a Comment