Saturday 13 April 2013

Electrics - Final tidy up!


Today I made good progress with the electrics.  I started out by removing all the bullet connectors I had put in and replacing with soldered connections that I covered in heatshrink.  I didn’t want to run the risk of any coming loose and soldered connections are much more reliable.

I then continued putting all the wires into the small MDF jigs I made.  Once all the cables were in position I cable tied the loom, cut the cables to the same length and then crimped and soldered on the terminals.  I tested these by plugging each one directly into the dash connectors before finally removing and pushing into the terminals into the plastic block.

I then spent some time wrapping the loom in loom tape and securing it to the chassis with cables ties.  I also used the split tubing to protect smaller cables from the bike loom.

All cables in correct position



Cables cut to same length so they fit in the connector blocks neatly


Terminals crimped on ready to be soldered

All soldered

Individually plugged in to dash to check they all still work

Plugged in to plastic connector block

Loom wrapped in tape

More of the loom wrapped in tape

Massive improvement over what it looked like before!!!

Had a bit of a tidy up

Dash in position


No comments:

Post a Comment