Wednesday 3 April 2013

Electrics - Immobiliser


Tonight I fitted the immobilizer.  I bought a Sterling Excel transponder immboliser from ebay for £50 which works by isolating two circuits and is deactivated by a wireless transponder hidden behind the dash, usually around the ignition barrel. 

The instructions weren’t great so  I asked on Locostbuilders for help.  The colours are as follows

·      Orange is a switched live so comes off the ignition barrel
·      Red is permanent live so comes off the killswitch
·      Greens are two earths to different earth points
·      Yellow is for the door pin but doesn’t appear to be needed
·      White is isolating – must be live when running – I isolated fuel pump relay
·      Blue is isolating – Must be live when starting – I isolated crank relay

The connections are all soldered and will be hidden under the scuttle.  I will tape all the wires together so its hard to see which goes where.  Once complete all the coloured tags were removed so nothing can be identified.


No comments:

Post a Comment