Saturday 2 March 2013

Airbox again and electrics


I did a bit more work on the airbox which included making a couple of brackets to support it at the right hight which will be held to the cradle with M5 rivnuts.  I also applied adhesive foam strips to the inside of the lid to give an air tight seal.  The airbox is almost done now, just the sensors and PAIR hose to sort out.

I made a bit of a start on the dreaded electrics as well today byt fixing some of the earth points to the chassis.  I sanded away the powder coat using the dremel with a homemade sanding disk made from 5mm MDF and some skateboard grip tape.  The chassis was drilled and M8 bolts used to fix the earth connections.

I also made another aluminium bracket to hold the fuel pump relay, fan relay and fuel level resistor.






Bracket for fan relay, fuel pump relay and fuel level resistor

Bracket mounted to the chassis







No comments:

Post a Comment