Wednesday 13 March 2013

Electrics - Handbrake/brake fluid light + lights


Successful night in the garage!  I wired up the brake fluid level + handbrake telltale.  This light illuminated when the brake fluid level is low and also when the handbrake is on.  The IVA requirement is to have a test for the brake fluid light and the handbrake can operate this test.

I also wired up the telltales for the side lights, headlights and fog lights.  For the headlights I took a feed from the switch side of the fog switch relay as there is no build in telltale for the headlight.  For the fog light I took the feed from the coil side of the fog switch. (because it is switching the negative I couldn’t simply link to the LED and earth it)

I wired the horn up so the light comes on when the button is pressed.

I will be looking into how I can have all the savage lights dimly illuminated when the sidelights come on and bright when they are used.  Its something to do with resistors and diodes.  More research needed.









No comments:

Post a Comment