Sunday 17 March 2013

Electrics - Indicators and reverse continued



Today I managed to get everything working!  I went to Maplins and bought some 3A diodes for the indicators and hazards.  I used two diodes, one from left and one from right indicators, to get the telltale working.  This was needed because I chose to use a single telltale; the diodes stop current activating left indicators when turning right and vice versa.

I wired up the hazards using a diagram I found on Locostbuilders.  Again I needed a diode to control the current.  The hazard telltale and indicator telltale both flash when the hazards are on.  I still need to change the indicator feed to a permanent one so the hazards will work when the ignition is off.

I managed to sort the issue of the bikes neutral light thanks to information from users on Locostbuilders.  The blue/black wire that I found yesterday is the negative from the LED.   The +12V is being fed to the Neutral LED from within the speedo.  The blue/black wire from the Neutral LED runs to the fuse box via a diode then into the Blue wire to the Gear Sensor.  When the Gear Sensor is in the neutral position the blue is connected to the black/white wire which runs to ground and completes the circuit to illuminate the neutral LED.

What I had to do was feed the relay coil from a 12v feed and earth it to the blue/black wire.   Now when the bike is in neutral the green light is on and the relay engages.  I used this relay to activate the power to the toggle on the reverse which ensures the reverse can only be activated when the bike is in neutral.

I also wired in a fan override switch.  To do this I simply ran a savage switch in parallel to the fan switch.  I used the multimeter to confirm where the 12v feed was from and simply wired in the savage switch so it illuminates when activated.  The bike loom has a fan relay so no need for another relay for the savage switch.


Two diodes for indicator telltale

My wiring diagram for the indicators

My wiring diagram for the electric reverse

The mess of wires behind the dash



No comments:

Post a Comment