Saturday 9 March 2013

Airbox finally complete!! Also more electrics and oil cooler pipes


 Today I finally completed the airbox.  I drilled an M12 hole in the side for the air intake temp sensor and an M14 hole in the bottom for the PAIR hose.  I used a 12mm engine vent connection for this which worked perfectly.

I also phoned Steve at MK for a 20 minute chat about the electrics.  He explained everything very clearly and I now feel much more confident about it all.  Today I wired up the killswitch, ignition and start button (all temporary at the minute) and also the battery connection to the engine.  I also wired up the bike loom relays.

I had a quick test with the multimeter which was slightly confusing but after a while it started making sence.  The bike relays are for ignition, crank and clutch…. So when power goes the the ignition switch and it is turned on, the first relay becomes active.  When the start button is pressed it activated the crank and clutch relays.








The last job of the day was fixing the oil cooler pipes in position with P clips.   The pipes are now all connected so I can fill the engine with oil tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment