Saturday 16 March 2013

Electrics - Indicators and reverse


Managed to get the indicators working today.  The only problem is I cant get the telltale light to work.  When powering it from the flasher relay, it continues to flash when neither left or right are selected.  I think I need a couple of diodes and then power the telltale from the indicator cables in the dash bundle.

Also got the reverse working.  I have wired it so the toggle switch arms the system, turning on a red warning light on the dash and the reverse light at the back.  Then pressing the savage switch engages the reverse.  I have wired the savage switch through a relay as the starter solenoid operates at about 10A and the switch can only take about 6A.




I have had difficulty wiring the reverse to the bikes neutral light.  This is needed to ensure that the reverse motor can only engage when the bike is in neutral to ensure the engine doesn’t get damaged.  I have located the blue/black wire that powers the LED but cant get it to activate the relay as It doesn’t have enough power.

The two photos below show the blue/black wire from the neutral light and how I tried to use it to activate the reverse relay.  Neither of these worked so its back to researching a solution.









No comments:

Post a Comment