Sunday 10 March 2013

Electrics - engine turns over


Made some good progress today!  I continued plugging everything in on the bike loom, filled the engine with 3.5 litres of oil and managed to get it to turn over!!

The ignition key works, powering up the first relay and lighting up the dials and causing the TBs to open and close.  The engine start button then engages the crank and clutch relays which turns the engine over.  I am very pleased to get this far with it and looking forward to putting petrol in it soon.

I finished the fuel line today as well, going from the 10mm copper to the throttle bodies and securing with 4no jubilee clips.

I also started connecting up other electrical elements, e.g. front headlights.  My plan is to get everything wired up and working before going back to tidy it all up, shorten wires and redo connections.






No comments:

Post a Comment