Wednesday 31 October 2012

Brake master cylinder packer


My first attempt at the packer for the master cylinder at the weekend would have worked but it looked awful, so I decided to make it again (no pics of the original bit it was horrendous - many pieces of 3mm steel plate welded together)

I cut a 100mm length of 50x25mm aluminium and marked it up at the right angle (approx. 12o) and cut it using a small angle grinder with a 1mm blade and a hacksaw.  Once cut I smoothed out the cut edge and marked the centre.

I drilled a pilot hole through and proceeded to cut out with a 40mm hole saw.  Once through the hole needed increasing to approx. 42mm using a half round file.

Tomorrow I will drill the two holes for the fixing bolts and hopefully get the master cylinder fitted.


No comments:

Post a Comment