Monday 29 October 2012

Making a trolley, rear suspension, engine cradle


Today I welded up a trolley to sit the chassis on.  This was made from 1 inch square section with some heavy duty castors welded on the bottom.  This should make it easy to manoeuvre around in the garage where space is tight.  The top was wrapped in underlay to protect the chassis powdercoating.


I bought some silicone grease at the weekend so I dismantled the suspension I had test fitted at the weekend, applied grease to the bushes and tightened it all up.

Had a quick test fit of a front caliper too, seem to fit ok.  Hopefully will get the near side done tomorrow.  Also fixed the handbrake lever in position.

I also had a look at the engine cradle.  It doesnt look like it lines up correctly.  I will have to speak to MK.



No comments:

Post a Comment