Monday 22 October 2012

Sprocket cover issues


It turns out I will need to cut a hole in the sprocket cover for the propshaft to fit through.  However, on the GSXR 1000 K1, the clutch push rod is very close to the sprocket adapter.  So close in fact that the mechanism that pushes the push rod will clash.  To resolve this I was told by Danny to get a newer sprocket cover with a different type of clutch system.  I bought a K9 cover on eBay but found out that it didn’t fit.

I cut this to pieces with a view to welding it to the original but later found out that it is made from a magnesium-aluminum alloy that can’t be welded.

I have asked about on the Locost forum and someone has shown me their solution…… a Hewland slave cylinder fixed with some custom brackets.

More research needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment