Tuesday 23 October 2012

Installing polybushes


The silicone grease I ordered from eBay was sent to the wrong address.  I couldn’t face waiting any longer so bought some silicone lubricant spray from Halfords.

Various websites were saying use copper grease, others silicone grease and a polybush manufacturer said not to use any lubricant.  I decided to just use a bit of the silicone spray and if it squeaks then I can sort it at a later date.

I filed the inside of the wishbones with a half round file to remove any burrs and also filed the edge of the bushes to make them easier to insert.  Fixing them to the drill speeded this operation up.  The bushes went in easily enough using the bench vice.

After that I had to have a quick play with the rear wishbones to see how the fit together.






No comments:

Post a Comment