Sunday 28 July 2013

Tidying area where side panels meet rear panel

Back in the garage after a weeks holiday so got on with a couple of small jobs.  First job was the trim on the mirror bracket.  I removed the small sections of larger edge trim I had cut and put in place and replaced with the smallter type which I stuck on with Sikaflex.  The bracket should be ok for IVA now.

Next job was to tidy up the area where side panels meet rear panel.  There is a sharp edge at the back of the side panel and the joint needs protecting as it is quite sharp as it is.

I cut two lengths of the interior aluminium trim that I had spare and rounded the edges with the file.  These were the drilled and fixed to the side panel ensuring that the trim covered the joint between fibreglass panels.  I also carbon wrapped these pieces so they are the same as the interior of the car.











No comments:

Post a Comment