Sunday 14 July 2013

Reverse motor cover + other small jobs

Main job today after a 3 hour garage tidy up was to make a cover for the reverse motor.  I started with a cardboard template before cutting from 1.0mm aluminium.  The cover was bent to shape, riveted together and secured to the underside of the car with rivnuts.  It doesn't look perfect but it will never be seen.  I will however get it powder coated black so it blends in better.





Next I made my reflectors IVA ok by taking the sharp edges out using sikaflex.  I also did the same to the front indicators where there was a sharp edge before the extension pieces.



I also tested a couple of positions for the wing mirrors and I think I have found a suitable position.  I plan to mount them about 230mm above the chassis side bars which, at first glance, appears to give adequate vision over the rear arches.



Final job was to start carbon wrapping the interior aluminium edge trim.  Only done one bit so far, will continue tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment