Sunday 4 August 2013

Electric issues + powder coated bits

I got the under dash panels and the reverse motor cover back from the powder coaters on Friday.  I installed the reverse motor cover with the 4no stainless dome bolts.



Powder coated under dash panel in position

Next jobs were to sort a couple of electric issues.  The side light telltale was being temperamental and going off when the dash flexed too much.  I stripped the bulkhead, scuttle and dash down to discover I hadn't plugged the 15 pin connector in all the way resulting in a poor connection.  Glad this was an easy fix.

Next job was to wire the +12v feed for the dipped lights through the always on side of the main savage switch.  I needed to do this so that when the main beam is turned on, the dipped light turns off.  This is because the H4 halogen bulbs in the dominator lights aren't meant to be on together - they would get too hot and shorten the lifespan of the lights.


Also I installed a small piece of aluminium angle, carbon wrapped, to the top of the tunnel behind the dash.  This is so give some support at the bottom so when buttons are pressed the dash doesn't flex.



No comments:

Post a Comment