Tuesday 2 July 2013

Cycle wings + Steering rack + boot panel

Back in the garage after a week at Glastonbury to do a few small jobs.  First job was the steering rack, which I bought new gaiters for.  These were a universal type from the local motor factors which had an internal diameter of approx 48mm so will slide over the lock restrictors.  I had to strip down the track rod ends and rack extension pieces to install the new gaiters but it was a fairly straightforward job.




Next job was edge trim to the front cycle wings.  This was done as experiment to see if the small edge trim I bought would be suitable.  I installed this by pressing it on and bending around the curves and it seems fairly secure so hopefully wont have to stick on with silicone as others have done.  I also edge trimmed the corners of the cycle wing brackets and secured with cable ties.

I also edge trimmed around the exhaust as I could touch part of the exposed fibreglass edge with the 100mm sphere.




FInal job was to make a cardboard template for the boot panel.  The plan is to make the panel from aluminium and either carbon wrap or powdercoat.  This needs to be cut into three pieces due to the rollcage bars that stick out.







No comments:

Post a Comment