Saturday 13 July 2013

Steering

Today I put the steering back together after I installed the lock restrictors the other week.  I counted revolutions from full lock to full lock, about 2 2/3 I think, halved this and turned the steering rack to centre.  I marked this position so I could install the steering wheel centrally.

I have got a quick release for the steering wheel but I have read about these not being acceptable at IVA so made the decision to disable the quick release.  To do this I opened up the mechanism and installed an M5 rivnut within the spring which stops the button pressing in.  I then had to assemble it when in position on the steering column and bolt everything on in order.  Next I installed the track rod extensions and ends to the steering rack and got the wheels pointing as straight as I could.  The steering will need setting up properly before I go on the road.

Disassembled quick release and put rivnut in the spring


Collapsable boss installed

All complete




No comments:

Post a Comment