Thursday 8 November 2012

Fitting sump baffle continued and front brake pipes


It appears the sump baffle didn’t need notching.  The spacer should sit under the baffle and the bolt replaces one near the oil filter.  I did try this yesterday, turns out the bolt I was supplied was slightly bent.  Also I was missing a gasket to seal the strainer on the opposite side of the baffle to the o ring.  I managed to the fit the baffle now but not the strainer.

Also had a go at the rear brake pipes.  I have run the pipe down the bottom of the tunnel on the drivers side as recommended by Danny at MK.  The brake pressure switch is mounted on a bracket riveted to the bulkhead – this bracket ensures locking nuts can be used to secure it.

I made another bracket for the rear T and connected the pipes to it.  I had to put a couple of bends in as the pipes were too long for the position chosen.  I will rivet this at the weekend after checking out some cars at MK.






No comments:

Post a Comment