Sunday 11 November 2012

Driveshafts and clutch push rod


Drove up to MK on the Saturday to collect the driveshafts and fuel tank.  Turns out the fuel tank wasn’t ready.

Spoke to Steve about the wiring, he suggested I get on with that soon as the loom needs to go in before the engine so I need to make a start on that next week.  I think I am going to buy the harness from MK and get them to strip out the bike loom.

Attempted to fit the driveshafts but it seems MK gave me two offside ones, one 23 spline, one 26 spline.  The 26 spline fits so I need to get the right one posted asap.

Also sorted the clutch pushrod.  I got some 6.00mm steel rod from pauladamss on Locostbuilders who very kindly sent me some for free.  I measured how much longer the new rod needed to be, cut to length and rounded the ends with the grinder.  Once in place and the sprocket cover was tightened I made sure the pushrod was not under any pressure by rotating it.

Driveshaft is too long!

New and existing clutch push rods - needed to be 5mm longer

New pushrod in position



No comments:

Post a Comment