Saturday 5 January 2013

Airbox research and dash continued


Today I fitted the rubber trumpets to the throttle bodies (taken from the gsxr airbox) and fitted the TBs to the engine.  This was to see how much space I could have for an airbox or air filter….. turns out there isn’t much room.  I would like to ind a solution that didn’t involve chopping a hole in the bonnet for the air filter.  More research needed.



I also cut down the timber dash template and drilled holes so it could be fixed to the scuttle.  This would allow me to work out exactly where the steering column hole will need to be cut.






I drilled a 56mm hole in small piece of ply and placed this over the steering column.  This was then fixed to the dash template so the exact position for drilling the carbon dash could be found.  I marked up, drilled and fitted the carbon dash.  The steering column lined up perfectly central.












No comments:

Post a Comment