Tuesday 15 January 2013

Air filter options


The pipercross air filter and backplate I ordered arrived today.  I remade the backplate from cardboard, fitted the new smaller gsxr750 trumpets and tried the air filter under the bonnet.  Not surprisingly it didn’t fit; infact it was about 30mm too high.  This means I will probably end up cutting a hole in the bonnet (which I don’t want to do) or making an airbox to fit under the bonnet.

I have seen a nice airbox on locostbulders that uses the bonnet as the top of the airbox to maximize space.  Ill try a cardboard mock up soon.

GSXR 750 trumpets next to larger GSXR 1000 trumpet

Cardboard backplate for Pipercross filter

Filter touching bonnet

The bonnet was resting on the Pipercross filter so wasnt sitting on the chassis rails.  Photos below show how much too high it was sitting.







No comments:

Post a Comment