Saturday 31 August 2013

Secondary mushroom fixing


I had read some posts on Locostbuilders about a secondary fixing for the front upright mushrooms because the pinch bolt alone wasn't sufficient.  I removed the front wheels and drilled through the upright into the mushroom with a 5mm drill bit.  I then tapped the hole to take an M6 bolt.

I cut two M6 bolts to 13mm length, applied loctite and installed in the uprights.





Next job was the manufacturer's plate.  The sticker MK supplied back in November last year will apparently fail now due to having too much information.  The only information that is now required is manufacturer and chassis no.  I cut a square of aluminium, engraved the information and installed on the bulkhead with rivets.





Final job was to disable the steering wheel quick release as described previously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment