Friday 28 December 2012

Fitting clutch cable, ECU and rectifier


After looking at MKs latest track day car I could see where the best position for the loom would be; this is between the engine and the cradle.  I also found the best positions for the starter relay, ECU and rectifier so I made some brackets from aluminium.


Bracket for ECU

ECU in position

Rectifier bracket

Brackets mounted to chassis

I also installed the clutch cable.  To do this was simple using the MK supplied kit but I am not keen on the grub screws in the clevis and nipple along holding the force of the clutch.  I plan to redo this when I shorten the cable and loop each end back on its self and secure with a 3mm wire clamp.


Plastic top hat tapped to M6 - this fits into the tube through bulkhead for clutch cable

Put in drill to sand down - slightly too big to fit in the tube




No comments:

Post a Comment