Tuesday 11 December 2012

Reverse Gear, relay mounting panel, fuel pipe


Tonight I installed the reverse gear, which fits between the propshaft and the diff.  When trial fitting it appeared that the recesses in the gear were slightly too small for both the propshaft and diff which meant I had to file a small amount from the circumference of both.

Once the gear fitted I could fix together with the M10 x 20 bolts (1mm pitch).   This took a while to get lined up but I got all the bolts in eventually.  I will replace these 20mm bolts with 30mm ones before fixing the tunnel sides on as they are a bit short as they are and I have not installed washers.

I also made the aluminium panel for mounting fuses, relays etc. under the scuttle.  This was a 600mm x 300mm x 1.2mm aluminium sheet, cut and bent to fit under the scuttle.  A hole was cut in this for cables to pass through.

Panel under scuttle

I used some 10mm micro bore copper for the fuel pipe.  This was mounted in the tunnel with P clips, ensuring enough clearance from the reverse gear.  The connection from the copper to the fuel pump is flexible rubber (marked up as safe for fuel for IVA) again P clipped to the chassis.  

Fuel pipe installed in tunnel

Aluminium bracket to hold fuel pipe

No comments:

Post a Comment