Sunday 9 June 2013

First test driving!!! Also installing rear lights

Today I pushed the car out onto the drive for a test.  Fortunately my parents have a long drive at their house - unfortunately there is a speed bump that the car wouldnt clear without a few timbers being put down to roll on - must get that sump issue sorted asap!



The car has a very high bite point so I stalled it a couple of times but once it was rolling it put my foot down and it got up to 30mph (approx) fairly quickly.  The speedo healer is not set up yet so the speed shown was wrong.  Showing any speed at all was a good sign that my positioning of the speed sensor was ok!

Next job was the rear lights.  I studied the IVA manual and a very helpful Westfield drawing I found online.  I marked the positions ensuring spacings, heights and edge distances were ok and then drilled out for the lights.  The lights I am using have plastic surrounds which needed some trimming to accommodate the curved shape of the wheel arch.  I also installed the reverse and fog lights.




For the IVA, as previously mentioned, the fog light needs to be E marked but also F marked.  I drilled out for the round fog light, similar to the reverse light but I have fitted the rectangular F marked one for the IVA.  This has been fitted so the lens is vertical.



Last job was to test a piece of edge trim around the harness mount.  I had seen this on Locostbuilders and people have passed the IVA with it so thought I would see what it looked like.  The bolt is covered with a cap and the metal edge is protected with edge trim that is cable tied in position.  Looks ok so I will do this for the IVA.


No comments:

Post a Comment